04.07.2013

Creating Music with iPads





I was “One of Those” that said, “The iPad is more for consuming than creating.” Of course that was the first 6 months I ever owned my iPad (which was the first 6 months they were available – I bought the original iPad the day it came out. Go read my first blog post on this blog to find out my adventure THAT day!)
Now I would never even think that quote! Yes, I still use my iPad to consume plenty but I also use my iPad to do things my laptop used to take care of for me. In fact there are activities I don’t even consider touching my laptop for anymore!
One area that I don’t have time to explore very often during the school year is creating music on my iPad. It seems with all the day to day activities of teaching that I totally loose touch with musical explorations and composing. I’ve been taking more time lately to do this and I am floored at what I can do with an iPad and a few apps. I am not going to give you a history lesson here but I will say that at one time in my career I dreamed of creating a wonderful MIDI lab outfitted with computers, keyboards, speakers and mixers for my students to use. That dream never happened because of the crazy cost involved. My dream has been reshaped. Here is what I’ve found…."

Weiter geht's im Text mit
"BASIC BUILDING BLOCKS". Der Autor nennt:
  • "1st Block – All of these apps will allow you to record multiple tracks of audio" (ich würde hier auch MIDI anfügen)  
  • "2nd Block – AUDIOBUS"
  • "3rd Block – STAND ALONE INSTRUMENT APPS"
Was die Möglichkeiten der Music-Apps im Vergleich zu ihren Kosten angeht beschreibt der Autor mit diesem Satz: "There are some $5, $10, $15 and $20 apps out there that are the equivalent of my Roland X8 keyboard that I payed $2,500 for!"