26.03.2018

Lynyrd Skynyrd: Gary Rossington and Johnny Van Zant Talk ‘If I Leave Here Tomorrow’ (INTERVIEW)

After years of half-hearted and ill-informed attempts to tell the story of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Stephen Kijak’s new documentary If I Leave Here Tomorrow finally gets it right. The film premiered on Tuesday of SXSW in Austin, Texas, when the film side starts to die down and the music side starts to amp up. Earlier that day, I met with Kijack, who’d directed the documentary We Are X, lead singer Johnny Van Zant, and guitarist Gary Rossington to talk about how the film was put together, and how it was past time to get their story told.

Lynyrd Skynyrd in 1977. Photo credit: David Alexander
Let’s start from the beginning with what drove the inspiration for If I Leave Here Tomorrow.
Johnny Van Zant: Brian Philips brought it to us, [when] he was with CMT.

See our review of If I Leave Here Tomorrow here.
The post Lynyrd Skynyrd: Gary Rossington and Johnny Van Zant Talk ‘If I Leave Here Tomorrow’ (INTERVIEW) appeared first on Glide Magazine.


from Glide Magazine https://ift.tt/2G7GYl5 https://ift.tt/2GtnAlW
via IFTTT